2017 Bank Statements
Return to Archived Documents
In reviewing these bank statements, keep in mind there are always outstanding checks out against the City Corporation and City Wastewater accounts. Outstanding transactions against the RDC accounts and Criminal Investigation account are rare. Transfers are common, legal, and normal between the City Wastewater Account and the Corporation Account. Any year-end surplus for the city would be found in the City Corporation Account or the City Wastewater Account. A brief description of each account can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
City Corporation Account:
City Court Account:
City Utilities Business Account:
Criminal Investigation Fund Account:
Redevelopment Commission Allocation Fund (RDAF) General Account:
Redevelopment Commission Allocation Fund (RDAF) Debt Service Reserve Account:
Indiana State Revolving Fund (SRF) Debt Service Reserve Account:
Revenue Refunding Bond, Series 2015A Debt Service Reserve Account:
- City Corporation Account - Commonly referred to as the General Fund, this account is the main bank account for the city. You will see money transfers from other accounts into this account or transfers made from this account into other accounts ,including the Criminal Investigation Account.
- City Court Account - This is the City Court account. It derives its income from violations of the law. No payroll, health insurance, taxes, etc., are paid out of this account. The city does not manage this account. The City Court does. The city cannot use this money.
- City Utilities (Wastewater) Business Account - Commonly referred to as the Sewage Account, this account is the second Main Account for the City Sewage Works. Again, transfers between this account and the City Corporation Account are common.
- Criminal Investigation Fund Account - This account is commonly referred to as DEA money. It is used for purchasing police cars, equipment, and other items the police department may need. The money derived from his account comes from sting operations or merchandise confiscated from criminal investigations and arrest. The city cannot use this money.
- RDAF General Account - This is the General Account for the Redevelopment Commission. If the RDC has any bills, such as bond payments, appraisal fees, etc., those payments are made from from this account.
- RDAF Debt Service Account - This account cannot be used by the Redevelopment Commission nor the City. It must retain a balance that is equal to two bond payments per year. You will not see any activity in this account.
- SRF Debt Service Reserve Fund Account - The State Revolving Fund (SRF) Bank Account is a debt service reserve for the 2004 SRF loan.
- 2015A Bond Reserve Fund Account - This is the Debt Service Reserve Account for the Revenue Refunding Bond, Series 2015A.