- Mayor's Office
Clerk Treasurer's Open Book
- Sewage Works Payment Information/ Make a Payment
- Archived Documents
- 2017 Audio Files >
- 2017 Bank Statements >
- 2017 City Debt >
City Projects-Investing in Beech Grove
- 2017 Claims Dockets
- 2017 Financial Reports >
- 2017 Civil City Budget
- 2017 BGRDC Budget and Claims
- 2016 Year End and Annual Reports >
- Document Center >
- ADA Coordinator >
Beech Grove City Council
- Beech Grove City Court
Boards and Commissions
- Beech Grove TV-BGTV28 >
- Building Commissioner / Licenses and Permits
- Parks Department >
- Public Works Department >
- Marion County Alcoholic Beverage Board / Beech Grove Representative
- City County Council District 21- Frank Mascari
- City County Council District 18 - Susie Cordi
- Indiana State Representative District 89 Cindy Kirchhofer
- Indiana State Senator District 32 Aaron Freeman
Beech Grove Fire/EMS Department
- Meet Fire Chief Robert Cheshire
- American Red Cross Indianapolis
- Fellowship of Christian Firefighters
- Firefighter's Credit Union
- Fire Museum Network
- IAFF/Internal Association of Fire Fighters
- Indiana Fire Chiefs Association
- Local # 416 Union Represenative Paul Cloyd
- Indiana Homeland Security
- Indianapolis Fire Buffs
- NFPA/National Fire Protection Association
- NAFI/National Association of Fire Investigators
- National Homeland Security
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration/OSHA
- Professional Fire Fighters Union of Indiana
- The Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS)
- The Peoples Burn Foundation
- US Fire Administration Fema
- Domestic Violence Havens
- Firefighters Magazines >
- Fire Safety Tips
- Get Prepared
- Memorial Page/ Firefighters
- 9-11 Digital Archives
- 9-11 You Tube Videos
- Sparky the Fire Dog
- Smokey the Bear
- Start Making Your Plan!
- Survive Alive
- W.A.R.N. Program
Beech Grove Police Department
- Meet Police Chief Mark Swartz
- Beech Grove Crime Watch
- Abuse: Report Child,Domestic and Elder abuse
- Amber Alert Indiana
- Beech Grove Tips Hotline
- Domestic Violence Havens
- Don't Drink and Drive
- Hand Gun Permits
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- Stand Against Bullying
- VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)
- Beech Grove Fire/EMS Department >
- Community Events
- Beech Grove Branch Library >
- Beech Grove Scouting Programs >
- Beech Grove Youth Sports Programs >
- Ascension Lutheran
- Beech Grove Bible Church
- Beech Grove United Methodist Church
- Beech Grove Weselyn Church
- Church of God
- Faith United Church of Christ
- Fellowship of Christ
- First Christian Church of Beech grove
- First Baptist Church of Beech Grove
- Holy Name Catholic Church
- Independent Nazarene Beech Grove
- Liberty Church
- One Way Christian Church
- The Sancuary Church
- Southwood Baptist Church
Clubs and Civic Organizations
- American Legion Post # 276 Beech Grove 327 Main Street
- Beech Grove High School Alumni Association
- Beech Grove 4-H Club
- Beech Grove Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 1467
- Beech Grove Historical Society
- Beech Grove Lodge #694 F.& A.M.
- Beech Grove DeMolay
- Beech Grove Promoters Club
- Benedict Inn & Conference Center
- BG Our Place Christian Community and Performing Arts Center
- Carrington Homeowners Association
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha - Gamma Pi Chapter
- girls inc. indy
- Greater Beech Grove Chamber of Commerce >
- Moose Lodge 1883
- VFW Post # 5626
- VFW Post #5626 Beech Grove, IN
- Community Resources >
- Elton H. Geshwiler Senior Center >
- Hornet Park Community Center
- Holy Name Catholic School
- Beech Grove City Schools
Beech Grove Trash Collection Guidelines
Director of Public Works
Meet Brad Meriwether
Department of Public Works Building
5520 Churchman Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46203
Telephone: (317) 803-9098
Department of Public Works Home
Trash Collection Guidelines
2017 Holiday Trash Collection Schedule (.html)
2017 Holiday Trash Collection Schedule (.pdf)
Medication Disposal Program
Beginning Tuesday, May 10, 2016, all household refuse must be placed in the blue totes labeled "City of Beech Grove" provided by DPW for pick up. All other containers will not be picked up. Bags, boxes and other refuse items placed outside the blue tote will not be picked up. Wood and shrubbery will not be construed as trash and will be picked up via a chipper machine or brush truck. Heavy Trash Pick Up service will continue.
The city encourages participation in the Beech Grove Curbside Recycling program to reduce household trash.
REGULATIONS FOR TRASH COLLECTION:
COLLECTION OF HEAVY APPLIANCES AND ITEMS:
The following items will not be picked up by employees of the Department of Public Works or any authorized agent on behalf of the City of Beech Grove:
(D) Microwave ovens;
(H) Water heaters;
(J) Outdoor grills;
(K) Air conditioning units;
(M) Any other appliance deemed hazardous or dangerous by the Director of the Department.
(Ord. 18, 2014, passed 12-1-14)
TRASH CONTAINER (TOTE) PROGRAM:
(A) Each single and double family dwelling was issued one trash container (tote). Should a request for a trash container (tote) be asked for after General Ordinance No. 15, 2012 goes into effect, the City of Beech Grove shall pass on the cost of the trash container (tote) to the person(s) residing on the property. Such fee shall not exceed the cost to the city of a 96-, 64-, or 48-gallon trash container (tote) at the time the request was made.
(B) The city shall only charge the cost (to the city) of the respective trash container (tote).
(C) The city shall not charge a delivery fee or a set up fee when delivering new trash containers (tote) to a single or double family dwelling.
(D) The trash container (tote) becomes part of the residential property and should not be taken when moving from the listed property. Should a resident move and take the trash container (tote) with them, and upon discovery by the Department of Public Works, the city has the right to bill the respective property owner listed for the address for the cost of the removed trash container (tote). Such costs shall not exceed the cost to the city of a 96-, 64-, or 48-gallon trash container (tote) at the time the request was made.
(E) In the event a trash container is damaged, the Director of Public Works shall inspect the trash container (tote) and make a determination on the replacement process. Should the damage be a result of actions not caused by the respective resident or the property owner, then all costs associated with the replacement of the trash container (tote) shall be waived. Included in this is if the trash container (tote) becomes damaged by employees of the City of Beech Grove while disposing of trash.
(F) There shall be no charge to replace misplaced or broken lids pursuant to the 96- gallon, 64-gallon, and 48-gallon trash container (tote).
(G) The Director of Public Works shall be responsible to maintain an adequate inventory of trash containers (totes) and replacement lids for residential usage.
(H) Any and all billing pursuant to the trash container (tote) program shall be through the monthly sewage works bill.
(I) Should a trash container (tote) that clearly states “The City of Beech Grove” be seen outside of the City of Beech Grove, such notification shall be made to the Director of the Department of Public Works for retrieval of the trash container (tote).
(J) (1) The Director of the Department of Public Works shall conduct a suitable inventory of the trash container (tote) program throughout the City of Beech Grove as part of the assets in inventory program. Such identification numbers shall be forwarded to the sanitation clerk for proper computer filing.
(2) A representative of the City of Beech Grove who participates in conducting an inventory of the trash container (tote) program shall not access private property for the purpose of conducting an inventory. Such inventory must take place when the respective trash container (tote) is in a public place and is ready to be serviced.
(Ord. 15, 2012, passed 6-4-12)
CHARGES FOR HEAVY TRASH COLLECTION AND BRUSH REMOVAL:
Fees for the collection of heavy trash and brush are hereby affixed and established by the Common Council according to the following guidelines:
(A) Heavy trash.
(1) Minimum charge is $25. The Director of the Department of Public Works has the authority to increase the charge based on what has been placed out for pick up. The amount of time to pick up, quantity of trash, and the weight of the trash placed out for disposal are factors in determining the appropriate charge.
(2) Maximum charge is $500. The Director of the Department of Public Works shall not exceed this amount for the charge to remove heavy trash.
(3) The resident or property owner shall agree to the pre-set amount prior to any heavy trash being removed.
(4) Upon agreement of the set price, the heavy trash will be removed and the service charge will be placed on the next available Beech Grove Sewage Works’ bill.
(5) The date and time of heavy trash pick up will be at the convenience of the Department of Public Works.
(6) The Director of the Department of Public Works has the authority to refuse to pick up heavy trash based on health, environmental or other conditions presented.
(1) Minimum charge is $25. The Director of the Department of Public Works has the authority to increase that charge based on the amount of brush placed out for disposal. The amount of time to either chip or remove, including using a pay loader, all factors in on the charge.
(2) Maximum charge is $800. The Director of the Department of Public Works shall not exceed this amount for the charge to remove brush.
(3) The resident or property owner shall agree to the pre-set amount prior to any brush being removed.
(4) Upon agreement the brush will be removed and the agreed set price agreed to will be placed on the next available Beech Grove Sewage Works’ bill.
(5) The date and time for brush removal will be at the convenience of the Department of Public Works.
(6) The Director of the Department of Public Works has the discretion to waive any and all fees for the removal of brush due to storms, accidents, or any other acts of nature.
(7) The Director of the Department of Public Works has the discretion to not to pick up brush, based on the conditions presented at the time of inspection.
(Ord. 23, 2014, passed 12-1-14)