Clerk Treasurer Dan McMillan
City of Beech Grove
806 Main Street
Beech Grove, IN 46107
Office Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Clerk Treasurer Duties
Annual Financial Reports to Council:
Year- 2012- The First 60 Days
(Monthly Financial Reports to Council can be found on the Financial Reports page.)
Clerk Treasurer's Office Staff
Handbook on Public Access Laws
(Responsibility of Government to respond can be found on page 29.)
Access to Public Records IC 5-14-3
Public Information Request Form
Time Frames for Responding to Requests
Archived Documents (Prior Years)
Archived Inventory (Prior Years)
Indiana Gateway Data Site
Beech Grove Code of Ordinances
Website Terms and Use Policy
From the Office of the Clerk Treasurer...
The Clerk-Treasurer is the Chief Financial Officer for the municipal government. No other elected municipal duties are as specifically defined by the law as those of the Clerk-Treasurer. This person is responsible for the overall collection and disbursement of funds, the administration of accounting system, the signing of checks or warrants, the preparation of periodic reports to Council, and will serve as the investment coordinator.
In Indiana, all Clerk-Treasurers' are elected for a four-year term of office. Specific duties are defined by the Indiana Code, Municipal Code of Ordinance, directives of the municipal governing body, within the law. The Clerk-Treasurer has broad powers to hire and supervise employees and oversee the operation of the municipal budget. The ranking status of the Clerk-Treasurer is on an equal level with the Council and Mayor.
Frequently, the Clerk-Treasurer, and/or staff, is the purchasing agent, payroll agent, budget officer, insurance administrator and personnel director.
The office of Clerk-Treasurer has evolved dramatically from bookkeeper and secretary to a "Financial Manager" whose responsibilities impact the financial well-being of the local government.
Under the "Open Door Law" citizens are entitled to view many public records. I intend to maintain records concerning city finances, ordinances, resolutions, BOW Dockets, agendas and more, on the city's website. If, there is something that you would like to see added, please let us know. Customer Service is JOB #1, and the taxpayers are our customers. My staff and I look forward to serving all of you.
June 24, 2015
Property Tax Revenue Form 22
Above is the link for the Form 22 that I received from the Marion County Treasurer's Office today. The form displays the property tax revenues that the City of Beech Grove will receive at the end of June. If you have any questions my door is always open.
Dan McMillan, Clerk Treasurer
City of Beech Grove
February, 2, 2015
2014 Annual Financial Report
I have attached my Annual Financial Report as presented to Council this evening. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
You will find after reading it that the City is in good financial shape and I believe that to be a direct result of fiscally smart budgeting, financing and spending.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. My door is always open.
Dan McMillan, Clerk-Treasurer
City of Beech Grove
January 11, 2015
2014 Beech Grove Capital Assets Inventory
Within just a couple months after I took office in January of 2012, and with the assistance of City Department Heads, the first ever complete Capital Assets Inventory was performed. Below is a brief description of how the inventory was calculated.
Land- Land value was calculated using the average price per acre in Marion County.
Sewage Inventory- Together, Brad Meriwether, Director of DPW worked with Wessler Engineering to complete the Beech Grove Sewage inventory.
Infrastructure- For the streets, sidewalks, bridges, signs, etc. Tom Hannan, Director of Parks and Brad Meriwether, Director of DPW measured and counted the bridges. With the assistance of Purdue and their GASB worksheets, I entered in the information and much like excel sheets the GASB worksheets performs the calculations.
Buildings- The city’s insurance company provided an estimated valuation on our city buildings.
Machinery, Equipment, Vehicles - Each Department Head completed inventory of their equipment, machinery and vehicles. By Beech Grove City Ordinance it is not required to inventory anything under $2,000.00. We do keep an inventory of all equipment, but the value is not reported on the Gateway and it is kept as a neutral number on inventory sheets.
After all inventories were completed, I created an excel book which has a complete inventory of the City’s assets. We also have the inventory backed up with supporting documentation on State of Indiana approved inventory sheets.
The first year that I presented it to State Board of Accounts it was not accepted, because the value of all equipment was included. The second year I did not include the value of any equipment under $2,000.00 and it was acknowledged and accepted by State Board of Accounts. Since 2012, the inventory has been kept up to date and re-evaluated each year. Previous City Capital Assets Inventory's can be accessed here.
City to Receive Approximately $100,000 in Medicaid/Medicare Reimbursements for Ambulance Services
In January, the City learned of a program that is sponsored by Medicaid/Medicare that provides supplemental payments to qualified ambulance services. The program is designed to assist government-owned ambulance services to recoup some of the losses they incur from Medicaid/Medicare ambulance runs.
Former Steuben County Auditor Pam Coleman of Peters Municipal Consultants, Debbie Springer, Administrative Clerk for the City of Beech Grove Clerk Treasurer’s Office, Chief Cheshire & Chief Pierce of Beech Grove Fire Department and myself, spent the month of January gathering thousands of pages of data ranging from 2011 through 2013, in an effort to meet the January 31, 2014 deadline for filing applications to receive reimbursement.I want to publicly acknowledge and thank them for their assistance with completing the very lengthy applications.
I am happy to announce that we just recently learned that the City has been approved. We will be receiving approximately one-hundred-thousand dollars reimbursement for the years 2011-2013, but it will take us approximately 18 months to receive payment. Going forward we should receive approximately
$30 -$35,000.00 annually.
As Financial Officer for the City, I will be recommending that this money be invested into a Capital Projects Fund to be used for Ambulance Service/Fire Department needs.
May 29, 2014
New Sewer Billing Statement
Today the new sewer bills came out. They itemize your Wastewater (Sewer) fee, Trash Pick-up fee and soon to be Storm Water fee. We think you will find this new billing statement easier to understand and read. At the top center of the bill under Summary of Service, you can view the date and amount that your last payment was recorded. This is new to the billing and it is a welcome addition. It will give you, the customer, the ability to track and insure that your payments are being recorded properly. If there is a discrepancy, in your records versus ours, please call us. We are anxious to hear your opinion of the new bills, so please let us hear from you. Our goal with this change is to save money and provide better service to our customers.
- Mayor's Office
Clerk's Open Book
- Archived Documents
- 2015 Audio Files >
- 2015 Bank Statements
- Bond Issue- 2012 GO Bond Information >
- 2015 City Debt
City Projects-Investing in Beech Grove
- ADA Compliance Issues
- Indiana CLEAN Community Challenge
- Fire and Police Vehicles Lease-Purchase
- Greenway Trail
- Main Street Project
- Redevelopment Commission Projects
- Roof Replacements (2012 Hail Damage)
- Sewers and Stormwater >
- Sign Inventory and Replacement
- Streets and Alleys >
- Trash Trucks and Totes
- 2015 Claims Dockets
- 2015 Financial Reports
- 2015 Civil City Budget
- 2014 Year End and Annual Reports
- Document Center >
- ADA Coordinator >
- Beech Grove City Council >
- Beech Grove City Court
Boards and Commissions
- Beech Grove TV-BGTV28 >
- Building Commissioner / Licenses and Permits
- Parks Department >
- Public Works Department >
- Marion County Alcoholic Beverage Board / Beech Grove Representative
- City County Council District 20 - Frank Mascari
- City County Council District 25 - Aaron Freeman
- Indiana State Representative District 89 Cindy Kirchhofer
- Indiana State Senator District 32 Patricia Miller
Beech Grove Fire Department
- Meet Fire Chief Robert Cheshire
- American Red Cross Indianapolis
- Fellowship of Christian Firefighters
- Firefighter's Credit Union
- Firefighters with Parkinsons Disease
- Fire Museum Network
- IAFF/Internal Association of Fire Fighters
- Indiana Fire Chiefs Association
- Indiana Homeland Security
- Indiana Fire/EMS Resources
- Indianapolis Fire Buffs
- Indy Metro Fools
- Local # 416 Union Keric Fitzgerald Represenative
- NFPA/National Fire Protection Association
- NAFI/National Association of Fire Investigators
- National Homeland Security
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration/OSHA
- Professional Fire Fighters Union of Indiana
- The Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS)
- The Peoples Burn Foundation
- US Fire Administration Fema
- Domestic Violence Havens
- Firefighters Magazines >
- Fire Safety Tips
- Get Prepared
- Memorial Page/ Firefighters
- 911 Digital Archives
- 9-11 You Tube Videos
- Prevent Home Fires
- Sparky the Fire Dog
- Smokey the Bear
- Start Making Your Plan!
- Survive Alive
- W.A.R.N. Program
Beech Grove Police Department
- Meet Police Chief Mark Swartz
- Beech Grove Crime Watch
- Abuse: Report Child,Domestic and Elder abuse
- Amber Alert Indiana
- Beech Grove Tips Hotline
- Domestic Violence Havens
- Don't Drink and Drive
- Hand Gun Permits
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- Stand Against Bullying
- VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)
- Beech Grove Fire Department >
- Community Events
- 2015 Community News >
- Beech Grove Public Library >
- Beech Grove Scouting Programs >
- Beech Grove Youth Sports Programs >
- Ascension Lutheran
- Beech Grove Bible Church
- Beech Grove United Methodist Church
- Beech Grove Weselyn Church
- Church of God
- Faith United Church of Christ
- Fellowship of Christ
- First Christian Church of Beech grove
- First Baptist Church of Beech Grove
- Holy Name Catholic Church
- Independent Nazarene Beech Grove
- Liberty Church
- One Way Christian Church
- The Sancuary Church
Clubs and Civic Organizations
- American Legion Post # 276 Beech Grove 327 Main Street
- Beech Grove High School Alumni Association
- Beech Grove 4-H Club
- Beech Grove Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 1467
- Beech Grove Historical Society
- Beech Grove Masonic Lodge # 694
- Beech Grove DeMolay
- Beech Grove Promoters Club
- Benedict Inn & Conference Center
- Carrington Homeowners Association
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha - Gamma Pi Chapter
- girls inc. indy
- Greater Beech Grove Chamber of Commerce >
- Moose Lodge 1883
- Servant's Heart of Indy
- VFW Post # 5626
- VFW Post #5626 Beech Grove, IN
- Elton H. Geshwiler Senior Center >
- Hornet Park Community Center
- Holy Name Catholic School
- Beech Grove City Schools
City of Beech Grove Website Administrator Clerk Treasurer Dan McMillan Email at firstname.lastname@example.org